Sunday, April 24, 2011

Carrot-Coconut Scones with Citrus Glaze

Good Scone?  Yes.  Great Scone? No.
I am so disappointed with this scone after reading all the rave reviews. This recipe is from Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito.  This is an untraditional scone, true, and the coconut adds a very interesting texture but not much coconut flavor.  These weren't overly sweet but I wanted more of a coconut and carrot flavor...there really was none.  The carrots did make them look pretty with the little flecks of orange peeking through and while the glaze added a nice bright flavor,  I thought it was not necesary.  I would rather have the lemon and orange flavor in the scone not on top.  These scones were nice, delicate and moist but I have made better...I really don't know what all the hoopla is about.  If anything, they were pretty to look at and everyone did seem to enjoy them.  So here they are..perhaps you will find them to be super dooper and outstanding like so many other people did. 




1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty as you have stated... Carrot and coconut seems to be an interesting combination... !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I blog for your comments...please let me know what you think!!